Our client is a leading provider of quality early childhood care and education services across the nation. Proudly influencing thousands of children throughout their network, they are committed to building a brighter future through learning and development. Their passionate and dedicated workforce support children through their first five years, focused on building meaningful relationships and experiences that last a lifetime. This values focused organisation is sourcing a Head of People Operations to drive the performance of each of the operational people teams in the business.
About The Role
As the Head of People Operations, you will work closely with key operational and support stakeholders to ensure the compliance and effective delivery of all people related matters. You will be trusted to lead and manage multiple teams across the business including employee relations and investigations, remuneration and benefits, capability and business partnering. Reporting into the Chief People Officer, you will lead the operational implementation of the greater people strategy, mitigating risk and ensuring the adoption of key initiatives throughout the business. Working in collaboration with specialist people functions you will ensure the effective delivery of all cyclical activities, while overseeing the Industrial Relations and Employee Relations strategy for the business. You will also –
- Develop the capabilities of the People Team, including coaching and leading the team in line with values and behavioural competencies.
- Create, implement and manage clear and measurable KPI’s and objectives for the People Operations team.
- Ensure compliance and continuous improvement of all policies procedures and safe work practices.
- Promote a positive organisational culture by living the purpose, vision and values.
- Work to continually improve and enhance the offering of the operational people function.
You will be an experienced Human Resources professional, passionate about engaging and inspiring employees. Your ability to identify, develop and maintain strategies will be strong as you pursue the delivery of high-quality people outcomes. Accountability, innovation and critical thinking will be of high importance as you lead cross-functionally in this multisite business. You will also have-
- Extensive generalist Human Resources experience, with demonstrated strength in the core functions and the supporting tertiary qualifications (HR/ER/IR or Employment Law).
- Strong leadership capabilities and experience within a large organisation.
- Demonstrated success implementing continuous improvement and best practice strategies for policies and procedures.
- High level of professionalism, strong organisational and time management skills and great ability to utilise data effectively in the decision-making process.
If you are interested in hearing more about this wonderful opportunity please call Jess O'Neill at Troocoo on 0431132206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org