Troocoo are proud to be partnering with Brisbane Girls Grammar School in the search for their new Director of Information Technology.
Brisbane Girls Grammar School is one of Australia’s leading girls’ schools, established in 1875 as one of Queensland’s original Grammar schools. Girls Grammar strives to enrich girls’ lives through learning, establishing the educational foundation for young women to contribute confidently to their world with wisdom, imagination and integrity.
About the role
The Director of IT is responsible for the strategic planning and operational management of the School's technology and digital environment. Reporting to the CFO, the Director of IT works in close consultation with the Senior Leadership Team and other stakeholders to lead the development and implementation of digital and technology initiatives that align with the School's strategic objectives. The Director of IT will lead and manage a team of 14 IT staff; this team comprising two direct reports.
- Lead the School’s information technology strategy, ensuring it is founded on a deep, up-to-date, and future-focused understanding of digital technology, cyber security, trends and best practice;
- Lead the IT department’s strategic and operational planning by fostering innovation, prioritising IT initiatives, and coordinating the deployment, management and evaluation of current and future IT systems
- Advocate for business improvements through the clear articulation of outcomes, leveraging the potential of technology and information, and the ability to recognise and overcome barriers to change
- Define and deliver an optimal portfolio of projects, pursuing the most impactful opportunities for change that add value, improve service quality, or enhance efficiency or effectiveness
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems; a Master’s degree in the field, or a Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component; and a minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading proactive teams and managing vendors to ensure best-practice approaches, methodologies, and governance models for operations and the delivery of a complex portfolio of projects.
- Demonstrated Cyber Security expertise across a range of information security architecture streams • Ability to effectively lead an organisation and its people through transformational workplace change and improve organisational maturity
For more information or to arrange a confidential conversation, please get in contact with Gerard Creedon at email@example.com