Troocoo have partnered with a leading organisation within the energy sector in Qld to find a skilled Senior Data Engineer to join their Information & Communication Technology team. Reporting to the Data Services Team Lead, the Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for delivering business benefit through establishing and implementing Data Warehouse, Data Mart, and data store products. A key aspect of this role will be engaging key stakeholders to assist in ensuring accurate understanding of business priorities, identify opportunities to add value to the business with data products to enable business intelligence, analytical, and reporting solutions.
The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for:
- Lead the design and architecture of data engineering products by working with the business to understand requirements and transitioning to developers for building solutions.
- Lead development activities within the Data Engineering project team, providing design guidance, organising workloads, peer reviewing team deliverables, and leading Agile sprint cycles.
- Report on the data engineering project to the Data Services Team Lead and project steering committee.
- Maintain stakeholder engagement to identify and prioritise data development based on business requirements.
- Design of data product solutions including documenting architecture artefacts and solutions designs.
- Set and manage sprint workloads and cycles and organise daily stand-ups with the Data Engineers.
- Extensive software development experience in Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, and/or Analytics on projects for large commercial corporates, preferably utilities, finance or large retail.
- Demonstrated experience in design and delivery data platforms for Business Intelligence and Analytics (Data Warehouse, Data Lake), including ETL and data integration.
- Extensive experience building and designing data models for Business Intelligence consumption. Demonstrated delivery of data models applying Kimball, 3NF, and/or Data Vault.
- Minimum four years working with Agile methodologies. Scrum lead experience highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience with database technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server.
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Experience deploying data solutions with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP). Knowledge of cloud transformation tools and data accelerators.