Our client is an instantly recognisable household name in the Financial Services industry. In recent years they have led the way in the creation of Insurance and Banking products for their customers.
They have written their data strategy for 2023/24, the goal being to drive data enablement across the group which will support their growth over the coming year.
As the data enablement lead your will play a key role in ensuring the Data strategy is implemented across the group. You will play a key role working with both technical and business teams to drive data education and adoption across the organisation.
This is a sole contributor role in the first instance with a view to building out a team once you have established yourself within the role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a liaison between functional areas and technology to ensure that data-related business requirements for sensitive data protection are clearly defined, communicated, understood, and prioritized operationally.
- Establish performance indicators and quality metrics to ensure compliance with data-related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Support Senior Management in achieving Data & Analytics strategy objectives through Group Data Council and Data Steward Council resources.
- Promote enterprise-wide data governance framework, focusing on data quality improvement and sensitive data protection through modifying organizational policies, standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools, and data architecture.
- Work with various teams to establish consistent details about deliverables, scope, and outcomes.
- Collaborate with teams to create consistent implementation plans for deliverables.
- Identify dependencies and opportunities for streamlined delivery, adjusting plans as needed.
- Develop a summary of expected outcomes for each stream and validate with SLT/CIO for ongoing progress monitoring.
- Maintain a high standard of delivery quality through questioning, reviewing, and providing feedback.
- Work with teams to identify stakeholder engagement needs and recommend adjustments as needed.
The successful candidate:
- Demonstrate consulting skills, including change management concepts and strategies such as communication, culture change, and performance measurement system design.
- Possess knowledge of leading data management practices in the industry.
- Have knowledge of data and analytics practices, business and technology issues, and approaches related to enterprise information asset management and data protection.
- Understand data-related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues.
- Manage technical personnel through coaching, mentoring, and skill development related to analytics and stakeholder relations.
- Have accountability and results focus, with the ability to manage competing deadlines while ensuring high-quality work.
- Exhibit a strategic business focus, with the ability to communicate and implement new ideas/vision and manage resistance.
- Possess technical and professional knowledge, with comprehensive data and analytical knowledge and a strong ability to stay up-to-date with industry changes.
- Exhibit strong analysis and problem assessment skills, with the ability to analyse information and provide meaningful assessments to all stakeholders.
- Have strong formal presentation skills, with the ability to present to a wide audience.
- Possess persuasiveness and collaborative ability, with the ability to gain support and cooperation from audiences while working to deadlines.
A competitive salary package on offer ranging from $180,000 - $210,000 including super plus bonus and benefits.
Long term career growth as the team expands, you will have a clear roadmap for development based on your own success.