This leading media outlet provides content to more than 400 domestic and international outlets across print, digital and broadcast
platforms. It is a 24-hour operation with reporters in every Australian capital city, plus regional centres in NZ and the UK.
It operates a hybrid on-premise and cloud infrastructure environment, with the
expectation of transitioning entirely to cloud in 2023. The company is currently investing in a large scale multi-year technology transformation program.
About the role
This is a rare opportunity for a Cyber Security Lead to set-up the cyber security function for our client. This newly created role will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and administering digital security solutions and improving security measures to meet the changing requirements of the business. You’ll be working within a dynamic team, responsible for all aspects of online offerings and internal systems and you'll be managing internal and external stakeholders / vendors. Cyber Security Lead collects information from a variety of sources to identify, analyse, and report security events. You will employ proactive and defensive measures to protect information, systems and networks from threats.
- Identify and analyse technical security risks, threats or vulnerabilities and their potential impact, and design and implement security controls against potential cyber threats and other security risks.
- Escalate security troubleshooting and fault rectification. Coordinate incident root cause analysis and pursue post-incident control improvements.
- Conduct incident investigation including logging forensics, reviewing firewall rules, extracting network and cloud reports..
- Evaluate, design, and implement security technologies to ensure effective and secure implementation and enhancements to the information systems, applications and networks.
- Participate in SSDLC and agile methodologies to integrate cybersecurity requirements into application development, cloud, container and other infrastructure projects.
- Actively assess on-premise and cloud cyber security controls including managed endpoint detection and response, SIEM, email security gateway and vulnerability management and detection platforms.
- Evangelise and train security awareness within the organisation.
- Experience in cloud foundation technologies with one or more hyperscalers (GCP, AWS, Azure, VMWare).
- Experience in working with CIS Controls or NIST security frameworks
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorisation and anti-malware platforms.
- Experience with email security, web filtering, mobile device and other application level security mechanisms.
- DevOps expertise in Linux, Windows and macOS operating systems and a variety of scripting languages.
- Experience with identity management, federation technologies and concepts.
An annual salary of $155k + super for the right professional, working from the Sydney Head office with a Hybrid Working Policy.