Troocoo Executive are proud to be partnering with Marquis Marketing in the search for their new Chief Executive Officer. Marquis Marketing is a Brisbane based marketer of Macadamia products which are sourced from Australia and Africa. With a focus on innovation the company is widely acknowledged as one of the market leaders globally. Working closely with the Marquis factories in Australia and South Africa, the company’s products are marketed globally and represent over 20% of global kernel sales, 16% of the global nut in shell crop and 43% of Australia’s crop. In an ever increasingly discerning market, it has widely been acknowledged that there are multiple health benefits to Macadamia consumption including improved gut health, heart disease prevention and protection against disease.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Board of Marquis Marketing Ltd, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the oversight of Marquis Marketing’s day to day running of the organisation as well as working with the Board in setting and then driving the medium and long-term strategic direction.
Through the Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Executive Officer inspires, motivates, and develops a high performing workforce providing leadership towards financial sustainability, operational effectiveness, and continuous improvement towards the achievement of strategic objectives. The focus will be to promote growth and maximise returns including driving innovative strategies for bulk sales and new product development. Leading a team of multi-disciplinary professionals and working collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, the Chief Executive Officer will ensure the delivery of customer focused and cost-effective business services.
This role will also require you to work closely with industry bodies to ensure that the industry is appropriately promoted and represented.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Provide leadership to develop and continually reinforce the Vision (Strategic Direction), Mission (Purpose) and Values (Culture) of the organisation.
- Develop market leading organisational strategies and plans to deliver short and long-term strategic objectives.
- Liaise with the CEO Macadamia Ltd and CEO Marquis Africa to ensure efficient co-ordination of the supply of product to the market and maximise returns to the shareholders of all group companies.
- Lead the Executive Leadership Team to deliver upon the strategy through a high performing, customer-centric workforce.
- Own accountability for the overall sustainability of the organisation, leading strategies for growth, and ensuring alignment of structure, systems and operations to deliver strategy.
- Ensure that the policies of the Board are implemented and reviewed as and when required, whilst ensuring that the Board is informed of the operations of management.
- Develop and implement all aspects of the budget and report against the plan.
- Ensure that budgets are prepared for the Board and Monitor actuals against budgets and keep the Board informed of variances.
- Communicate regularly with the Board and ensure the Board is being provided with the information necessary to fulfil its legislative compliances and legal requirements.
- Preserve the qualities that make the organisational successful, whilst driving innovation.
- Effectively manage the relationships between the organisation and key stakeholders, seeking input on key issues as appropriate.
- Encourage marketing, public relations and communication to ensure that the organisation and its mission, programs and services are consistently presented in a positive light to relevant stakeholders.
- Create a culture of change and innovation to enable continuous growth and improvement.
- Ensure that the company meets all its food safety obligations.
- Work closely with the CFO and General Manager to prepare risk analysis on proposed investments and advise the Board of Directors with regard to investment risk and return.
To be considered for the position, you will be a strong people leader who demonstrates extensive experience and record of achievements at a C-suite level, and who has operated extensively in a “product” environment. You will have solid leadership and emotional intelligence skills with demonstrated ability to engage others to understand and embrace organisational culture, directions, goals, and client service ethos.
Your strategic commercial capability and experience as a senior leader are underpinned by your ability to model the organisations values therefore ensuring that you assist the business to fulfil its mission, vision, and core values. It is essential that you demonstrate superior presentation and communication skills, with a personal presence and the ability to act confidently as the public spokesperson for the business.
Exceptional stakeholder relationship skills will be critical for this role as you will need to develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders. Ability to identify opportunities for change and lead improvement initiatives along with a strong financial, governance and risk compliance skill will be needed for this leadership position.
We would encourage applications from experienced CEO’s and as well as experienced Executives that are seeking their first CEO role.
For further information please copy & paste the below link in your browser to be redirected to the Troocoo website where you can download a copy of the Candidate Pack - https://bit.ly/3p4Yv90
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine, Director - Executive on 0411 686 652.
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via the apply button