Unitywater operates in one of the fastest growing regions of Australia, providing essential water supply and sewerage services to 16% of Queensland's population. Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, Unitywater's priority is providing our customers with a high-quality, safe and reliable water and sewerage service that is economically and environmentally sustainable. Unitywater’s dedicated workforce is encouraged to combine their local knowledge and commercial mindset as they are empowered to think globally, use technology and bring innovation to life. With a strong culture of high performance, combined with their clear organisational vision, ensures their sustainable contribution to the community will continue for generations to come.
Values - Innovation | Honesty & Integrity | Reliability | One Team | Efficiency | Safety
About the role
Joining Unitywater as the Capability Specialist will see you develop, embed and continuously improve the capability framework across the organisation. Working closely with senior stakeholders and the broader people team you will work to deliver on operational business priorities through a robust and fit for purpose framework. You will proactively lead the workforce planning and capability program to ensure the design and implementation of agile and practical solutions, working to meet the need of Unitywater’s people. Supporting the organisation in better understanding, and effectively applying the capability framework to individual roles to achieve operational and strategic objectives will be your goal. Day to day you will –
- Manage the build, maintenance and ongoing refresh of Unitywater’s Capability Framework, ensuring strategic alignment, a future focus and a fit for purpose framework
- Embed the organisation values and capabilities across the employee life-cycle by working across the business with key process stakeholders
- Work closely with Business Partners to identify future strategic and operational workforce skill requirements, and ensure these are integrated into frameworks, processes and tools
- Lead and manage the workforce and capability planning strategy and process, in conjunction with Business Partners
- Build and socialise career pathways for critical business pipelines
- Manage and maintain the organisation-wide job family framework and role capability requirements
- Drive people performance, culture and engagement, and an organisation-wide approach to ongoing growth, learning mindset
- Consult with the business and teams regarding interpretation and application of the framework, and associated development tools
- Actively introduce outside thinking into the organisation, using research and data insights to identify emerging capability and workforce trends, gaps and then challenging current practices to adapt to these insights
- Ensure continuous improvement in capability processes and methodologies through ongoing evaluation of processes and capability programs.
You will be an experienced strategic capability specialist looking to showcase your organisational development skills within a thriving organisation. As a high-performing professional, you will think commercially and have a passion for adding value to the Unitywater business as it continues to be a leader in the market. You will exhibit the ability to influence stakeholders and partner with all levels of the organisation while having an in depth understanding of the organisational culture, front-line employees capability and leadership. You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience as a Capability or Organisational Development specialist with appropriate tertiary qualifications eg. Organisational Psychology, Human Resources.
- Strong technical capability development and implementation experience, with the ability to demonstrate outcomes and organisational uplift.
- Working knowledge of capability assessment tools and practises such as psychometrics, leadership assessments and 360 degree assessments.
- Experience contributing strategically to the greater business, through Organisational Development and capability.
- Demonstrated workforce and demand planning experience using data driven insights to inform decision making.
- Confidence in developing meaningful relationships with stakeholders as you influence and drive successful authentic business outcomes in accordance with the broader People and Culture and organisational strategy.
For more information about this opportunity please call Jessica O'Neill on 0431132206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.