Working within a team of professionals, the Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into visual information to support the various organisational needs with the Department.
- Able to Create Power BI dashboards and reports - design, build and deploy.
- Development of visualisation tools as part of the dashboards.
- Implement Microsoft SQL Server technologies SSIS/SSAS for data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL).
- Gather business requirements for data / analytics reporting from clients and internal stakeholders.
- Produce data quality analysis and recommendation reports
- Strong Microsoft BI stack experience including Power BI report building, DAX, ETL processes and visualisation
- 2+ years of recent experience designing and developing data-driven views, reports, objects, hierarchies, filters, dashboards, metrics and visualizations, on the Microsoft Power BI platform
- Experience gathering business requirements, translating the requirements into technical report requirements, defining functional specs for BI reporting, and collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and client facing skills
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Experience working with Azure Data Lake and Factory.
- Deep understanding of data warehouse principals and experience in developing and implementing a data warehouse on the Microsoft BI platform
- Experience work in a large corporate environment
- Azure DevOps and GIT experience
- Release Management experience
- Overall design documentation for the data warehouse components required to support the performance monitoring dashboards.
- Detailed logical data models and source-to-target mappings for each of the data-marts as per the business requirements specifications.
- Other governance documentation as required.