Our client is an established Australian financial services organisation, a household name with a prestigious history. Not your typical bank, they are owned by their customers and will put their customers above anything else.
As the Audit Manager, you will work as the 2ic to the Head of Internal Audit for this business unit and drive end to end delivery of audits within the ANZ business. This is a new role created due to investment within the Audit function and will work closely with teams across both operational and technology Risk.
In this position you will act as an SME across Audits, working as the lead auditor and managing junior resources as and when required. This role will not have direct managerial responsibility but will require you to act as a mentor and leader on project basis
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver end to end internal audits working across multiple business units and entities within the group
- Create and review controls and risk matrix
- Develop and review programs of work, audits scope, audit budget, and audit tests
- Understanding and experience in working towards business controls testing and audit
- Monitor all issues and manage risk in alignment with meeting project deadlines
- Review and present all test results and manage agreed upon action plan through to completion.
- Lead project teams to support audit delivery, manage resources and mentor junior team members
The successful candidate:
- Five years’ experience across the Audit landscape with hands on internal audit experience
- Minimum two years’ experience managing end to end internal audits projects
- Experience within the insurance sector would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Proven understanding of the principles and practices of auditing and risk management meeting standards in accordance to the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Exceptional communications skills and proven stakeholder management capability
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary package on offer ranging from $120,000 - $150,000 including super plus bonus and benefits.
Long term career growth as the team expands, you will have a clear roadmap for development based on your own success.