Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1800+, Auto & General has a vision to be become Australia’s best insurer. As a leading challenger brand, Auto & General has experienced strong organic growth in Australia and has ambitious plans for continued future growth and business success.
About the role:
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, and part of the Product, Pricing & Underwriting leadership team, the Associate Director – Pricing & Actuarial will be accountable for designing and delivering the Group’s pricing strategy and initiatives. The role leads a data driven culture that focuses on continuous improvement. Ultimately, the Associate Director, Pricing & Actuarial will lead the Pricing Team to manage its key processes, ensuring ongoing profitability while minimising financial risks.
As the Appointed Actuary, this role also plays an important role within Auto & General by providing independent advice to the boards and senior management on the key financial risks facing Auto &
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Strategically and operationally lead the Pricing & Actuarial team to deliver high quality actuarial and pricing processes to ensure a holistic management of A&G’s portfolio of products.
- Provide independent advice to the Board and Senior Management on the key financial risks.
- Lead the translation of strategy into operational plans incorporating financial, operational, people, customer, risk, and community objectives.
- Lead, coach, develop, and manage the Pricing & Actuarial team with an emphasis on developing capability in technical skills, leadership, commercial acumen, and customer focus.
- Define and drive a data driven culture across the organisation, role modelling the use of data and insights to influence key business decisions.
- Ensure regulatory, compliance and business risk policies are both adhered to and challenged to meet the commercial, legislative, customer and business environments.
- Provide oversight and early intervention into the achievement of key performance metrics and an early understanding of emerging trends.
- Building a team and creating a culture that continues to deliver high performance with high integrity.
To be considered for the position, you will be an exceptional Insurance leader who demonstrates extensive experience and record of achievements at a senior level within Pricing across the insurance sector.
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in actuarial science or pricing analytics, preferably within the insurance industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse complex data sets and identify trends and patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team of professionals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in statistical software.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine, Director - Executive on 0411 686 652. Alternatively, you can request a candidate pack by emailing Leanne Nunan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via the apply button.