Our client is an iconic Australian brand within the financial services industry. As an organisation they have invested heavily into their data environments, building advanced technology platforms, which they view as key to driving efficiencies across the business and providing value to their customers. With a reputation predicated on quality of service to clients and offering un-paralleled career opportunities to its employees, this company has become a destination of choice for the very best data talent in Sydney.The Role:
We are looking for a hands on Analytics lead to design and build a completely new reporting dashboard which will provide insight and analytics across the risk domain. This role needs an experienced analytics professional with strong hands on development skills and the gravitas to manage senior stakeholders up to GM level. You will work closely with the Head of Risk and CRO to create a dashboard that is fit for purpose, supporting the entire Risk function.
This is a sole contributor role in the first instance, but you will be tasked to build out a team over time with a view to expanding the capability of the dashboard to incorporate advanced analytics through the utilisation of Data Science.
Responsibilities will include:
You will be working across clearing risk and will implement risk analytics dashboards from scratch.
- Act as the subject matter expert to design develop, review, and automate reporting dashboards
- Lead the development of analytical tools to monitor dashboards real-time
- Lead the data governance process and tracking KRIs for critical data elements
- Lead the development of new predictive analytics capabilities
- Maintain dashboards and other business intelligence tools
- Assist with risk exposure analysis, market trends forecasting, and data cleansing
- Mentor young business intelligence and reporting enthusiast within the team
The successful candidate:
- Experience in the Risk domain, Market/ Credit/Trading risk is added advantage
- Strong background with data analysis and visualization tools like Tableau, Tibco spotfire
- Strong banking analytics/ reporting experience
- Experience in SQL, R/Python
- Ability to extract and present insights from complex data through critical thinking
- Working on building and automating dashboards from scratch
- Opportunity to explore in clearing risk analytics
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements
- 1-2 stage interview process
- Salary from $180,000 - $200,000 including super plus bonus