Troocoo have partnered with a global organisation within the Energy sector, to find an Agile Portfolio & Performance Manager to join their Digital and Technology team. This role sits at the heart of several critical cross-technology functions and processes that ensure that they achieve the desired or required outcomes as they relate to agile transformation, portfolio planning, IT metrics, governance, and communication. The main driver for this position is to have the ability to form partnerships, and internal stakeholder influence is critical to the success of this role.
You will be a Tech-focused leader that is energised by staying abreast of tech and agile developments and trends. Your right-brain skills like creativity and design thinking drive your passion for Innovation. You are inquisitive and enquiring, often starting with a simple question of “How can we do this differently”? You will exemplify self-organising behaviours, servant leadership style, continuous improvement mindset and an inclusive one-team culture.
You will have experience in Agile performance metrics so that a data driven approach to track, monitor and interpret performance can be used. You will make recommendations to Delivery Managers on how to improve, and know when to adjust metrics, understanding ahead of time when specific metrics will drive unintended behaviours.
The Agile Portfolio & Performance Manager will report straight to the Chief Digital and Technology Officer. Beyond Agile and metrics this role is also critical to manage the portfolio demand process, BA practice, reporting, and DTS communications and staff engagement.
The successful Agile Portfolio & Performance Manager will be responsible for:
- Manage the Enterprise Portfolio Roadmap and working with IT Delivery Managers ensure that the roadmap has clearly defined value, is correctly prioritised and aligned to strategic growth outcomes over 3 horizons (immediate, mid-term, future)
- Develop and adapt frameworks and standards that form guard rails for our Agile and DevOps ways of working. Continually experiment, monitor, and update the ways of working to improve efficiency and effectiveness by removing roadblocks and reducing waste
- Track and report the quantitative performance (metrics) of the IT group with the purpose of demonstrating current performance and identify opportunities for further improvement.
- Manage the IT Governance process including Investment Review Board, IT Delivery Forums, IT Monthly Reporting
- Very experienced in large, complex transformations, including in large agile delivery frameworks and DevOps environments
- Highly knowledgeable about various value stream, product and project development methodologies, delivery tools, performance metrics and approaches
- Ability to balance the long term (“big picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Proven people leader both within and across wider teams, with the ability to support and develop a high performing team.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with, coach and influence senior stakeholders and broad communities of technical experts
- Experience navigating a global organisation while maintaining local ways of working
- Experience implementing and maintaining IT Financial Reporting processes within a DevOps environment
- Sufficient level of technical background to be able to evaluate and explain complex delivery options, risks and issues accurately and objectively