This is a small but successful company with a successful asset class, and they are looking for a Senior Accountant who will join the CFO in bringing financial rigour and advice. The company have made some very impressive senior leadership appointments in recent months clearly showing their ability to attract top talent as they continue to deliver impressive results.
The Senior Accountant works closely with the Chief Financial Officer in preparing budgets and forecasts, financial analysis and preparing management and statutory financial reports. The role will focus on continuous improvements in processes and systems, and you will need to implement an effective internal control necessary for maintaining complete and accurate accounting records designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist the CFO in the development of financial and tax strategies
- Prepare budgets and cash flow forecasts based on approved strategic and business plans
- Work with management team in formulating the company's budgets
- General ledger maintenance and month end journals
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Entry of supplier invoices and raising of purchase orders
- Manage the payroll function for all full time and contract staff on a timely and accurate basis
- BAS (GST) and FBT return preparation and lodgement
- Cash management
- Produce monthly management accounts pack and statutory ASX reporting
- Review and evaluate corporate investment and capital expenditure proposals
- Develop and implement effective internal controls and operating procedures
- Assist with review of and the implementation of a new ERP system
- You will ideally be degree qualified in accounting or business.
- You will be qualified CA/CPA accountant.
- You will have a team approach to problem solving.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Nick Lemin on 0434 586 321