A key employer here in Queensland you will have the opportunity to work in an environment that places a huge emphasis on Health and Safety in the workplace. A position is now available for an experienced A05 WHS Officer to join the team on an initial 8 week contract with the view to potentially extend.
About the role:
Reporting through to the Manager HR you will coordinate and support a range of WH&S and injury management processes. You will be responsible for the management and coordination of all WHS related matters in line with legislation including workplace assessments, auditing and reporting, carrying out actions to close off incidents and safety breaches. Ensuring WHS safety compliance is critical for our client, particularly with a focus around electrical safety.
Relevant skills and experience required:
- Demonstratable experience in a relevant WH&S role, ideally with some exposure to working within local council, government or the health sector;
- Demonstrated qualifications and relevant training in Health & Safety Practices;
- Experience implementing WHS polices and processes in a large complex blue- and white-collar environment;
- Effective communicator and collaborator with the ability to work with a range of stakeholders in the organisation;
- Ability to start asap with the role being based in Redlands.
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly.
Thank you for your interest.