Our client is a large and reputable NFP organisation, based just south of Brisbane's CBD. They are seeking an immediately available contract Financial Accountant to prepare the company for audit.
Your key focus will taking ownership of the end-to-end financial accounting processes for the organisation. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Accountant or experienced Accountant to immediately make an impact and support the organisation through this extremely busy period.
You will work as part of a wider Finance team and report into the Finance Manager.
- Preparation of monthly accounting journals, accruals and reconciliations
- Managing the general ledger including overseeing the monthly balance sheet accounts, banking and inter-company reconciliations
- Prepare and circulate monthly balance sheets, revenue reports, profit and loss statements, cash flows and financial variance analysis according to timetable
- Timely preparation and consolidation of budget submissions including standard costing calculations
- Prepare financial re-forecasts and business analysis reports as required
- Assist with annual external audits to ensure compliance
- CA/CPA Qualified
- Strong Commercial Accounting background and proven experience with Australian Accounting Standards - taking ownership of Month end deliverable's as well as experience preparing for interim audits
- Natural leadership qualities with a ability to assist junior team members
- A hard working, can do attitude with the ability to go the extra mile when required