Queensland Urban Utilities make a difference every single day to the lives of over 1.5 million people across South-East Queensland. As one of Australia’s largest and most innovative water and sewerage businesses, that’s their purpose - to enrich the quality of life for others.
To help them achieve their purpose, we’re looking for an exceptional Technical Services Lead with a demonstrated ability to lead the establishment and implementation of a technical and environmental framework within Queensland Urban Utilities Infrastructure Delivery Branch.
Equally as important to Queensland Urban Utilities, you will demonstrate the ability to build and lead teams, encouraging diversity of thought and creating a constructive culture and to work with others making a genuine difference to the organisation, customers, communities and stakeholders that they serve.
About the role
Queensland Urban Utilities Infrastructure Delivery Branch is responsible for the end to end delivery of a program of capital works projects to create, maintain and protect water and wastewater assets within the South East Queensland regions.
Queensland Urban Utilities aim to deliver enhanced services to its customers through the implementation of a new Program Management operating model which includes an integrated and collaborative approach to the delivery of a significant scope of works valued in excess of $1.5 billion over the next 5 years.
The successful applicant will be reporting to the Manager of Integrated Engineering Services while leading their own team of engineers and environmental specialists’ providing technical assurance and support to the Frameworks and Design Services.
To be successful as the Technical Services Lead you will have experience leading the implementation of new technical and environmental processes including but not limited to:
- Ensuring the quality, environmental, design assurance meet standards and expectations.
- You will be familiar with design assurance functions and that frameworks for contractors are followed in accordance with associated design and environmental management plans
- Monitor and reporting of Queensland Urban Utilities management teams
- Ensure that pre and post market IES and framework contract performance requirements are met and realised
- Ensure Technical Services staff embedded within the Design Services Teams (DST’s) are enabled and supported to achieve the DST objectives and performance outcomes within a matrix model structure
- Ensure all governance processes are strictly followed and comply with Queensland Urban Utilities’ corporate project management, procurement and financial approval policies.
- You will have the ability to lead technical and environmental assurance through establishing performance frameworks including value scoring.
- High level technical engineering skills and ability to identify technical issues, and make sound recommendations and contributing to strategic asset management
- Strong verbal and written communication and stake holder engagement skills
- a high level of commercial acumen
Key skills required:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant Engineering discipline
- CPEng and RPEQ (or ability to obtain within 12 months)
- Experience in leading a specialist Engineering and technical teams in the provision of client side design and technical support across multidisciplinary engineering fields, through setting expectations and managing performance against agreed outcomes with a coaching approach, and creating a learning environment with clear goals and associated development plans
- Proven negotiation skills of complex matters for win-win outcome approach
- Demonstrated understanding of water cycle management, emerging technologies and intelligent networks.
- Experience in developing, managing and maintaining effective strategic stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in the application of performance management systems, risk management systems
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues and direction of the utility and allied industries
- Experience in leading design and technical support functions on large water and wastewater infrastructure programs in delivery of program/projects, operating under service of the following commercial delivery models – Alliances, EPCM, ECI, PPP.
You will be rewarded with a range of benefits including:
An organisation that provides opportunities that are meaningful along with a commitment to improving quality of live for staff and customers:
- Competitive salary package
- Convenient location
- A business that recognises work life balance
- Professional development opportunities
For further information please call James Foden, on 0414 874 571.
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly. Please ensure you submit your resume in word format through SEEK.
**Please note - Troocoo have been exclusively engaged to manage this vacancy. Any direct or third-party applications will be forwarded on to Troocoo for consideration.**
Applications close 25th November 2019.