TROOCOO is currently seeking a Technical Electrical Design Engineer or Officer to join our client’s team located in Brisbane.
Our client is a global multi-discipline consultancy that has a diverse industry focus in sectors including Advanced Technologies, Renewables, Mining, Rail, Power, Water and Infrastructure supporting both government and private sectors.
Due to a significant increase in workload our client is looking for a Technical Electrical Design Officer / Engineer with previous experience in the power industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Reporting to the team leader.
- Working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to internal cross discipline teams, clients, energy providers and regulators.
- Providing technical input and detailed design using PLS-CADD & PLS Pole.
- Preparing technical designs and drawings for electrical installations at all levels including:
- Plans and layouts
- Assembly and Subassembly
- Using software including but not limited to AutoCAD & MS suite (Word, Excel, etc)
- Degree in engineering or equivalent engineering qualification in relevant field which is acceptable for membership of Engineers Australia preferred (Diploma is a minimum requirement)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a electrical drafts person or design engineer with experience in
- AutoCAD (Must)
- Strong STEM skills including design algorithms and automation of data manipulation.
- Sound understanding with the electrical supply industry and regulators such as AEMO.
- A strong sense of urgency for solving complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to learn and work in a collaborative environment is a must
- A valid driver’s licence and an ability to travel to site as and when required.
A global multi-discipline organisation that operates with a purpose of making a difference.
- A values focused culture.
- Flexible workplace
- Team-centered work environment
- Competitive rates based on your experience
- Professional development and promotion opportunities
- Equal Opportunity Employer