Our client is a well regarded utility organisation who are responsible for servicing a range of commercial customers across the mining, agriculture, government and industry sectors. With a strong presence in regional and metro areas, this organisation consistently focuses on providing a professional service to their customers across Queensland.
About the role:
An opportunity for Senior Media and Communication Advisor is now available to assist in managing high quality communication initiatives as well as stakeholder reputation and issues management for the organisation. This is a high profile role where the successful candidate will work closely with the Stakeholder Manager and relevant government departments promoting proactive media engagement.
- Manage issues and crisis media activities and escalate when appropriate for the organisation;
- Develop proactive integrated media campaigns with the wider communications team utilising traditional and digital channels;
- Produce a range of media materials such as media releases, media responses, social media content, speeches and speaking notes and ad-hoc material as required;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local and regional media, government contacts and relevant stakeholders;
- Monitor the media, working as a team provide stakeholders with a regular update on key happenings in the market; and
- Manage all customer, community and stakeholder interactions on a regular basis.
- Tertiary qualified in communications, journalism, public relations or similar;
- A minimum of 7 + years hand's on media experience within an issues rich environment;
- High level experience working with senior level stakeholders around issues management and proactive media/reputation opportunities;
- Experience working with government departments at a federal or state level and a working knowledge of the Queensland political environment; and
- Demonstrated record of achievement in developing and delivering communication strategies to support brand positioning and stakeholder advocacy.
For further information please call Oliver Molinari, TROOCOO on 3054 1149
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below.