This large, values based organisation is backed by strong foundations in the QLD community. Each day, vital services are provided to thousands of people through it's various entities and the organisation is continuing to enhance key functions.
About the Role:
Working within a project based role among a team of Finance professionals, you will be responsible for working on new accounting standards AASB 9 (Financial Instruments) and AASB 15/AASB1058 (Revenue from contracts with customers/Income of not-for-profit entities).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Project accountability including - developing a framework for analysis and preparation for changes to accounting standards, prioritising and implementing new system capability, act as a key liaison with stakeholders on project accounting concepts, research, analyse and recommend the future requirements of relevant applications, processes and systems and develop and present these
- Detailed analysis of contracts and creation of templates and tools across the business to perform contract analysis and evaluate accounting outcomes and impacts
- Development of accounting position papers with well-considered business impacts, identification of reporting requirements/journal entries and accounting policies
- Embed knowledge and change relating to standards by working closely with key relationships including internal and external auditors, group executives, strategy and analysis team, transactional services team and CFO
- Various other responsibilities relating to the provision of high quality financial accounting expertise as detailed in job description (can be provided)
You are a detail orientated, experienced Senior Accountant seeking a project based contract with challenging and complex deliverables. This role will suit you if you thrive on engagement with multiple stakeholders and are outcomes focused.
Ideally you will present with the following competencies:
- CA + extensive experience as a Senior Financial Accountant with qualifications in accounting or a related field
- Knowledge of the new accounting standards ideally with experience in a project regarding their implementation
- Strong engagement and communication skills, with a passion for collaboration
- Detail orientated with an enjoyment of working in the intricacies of technical accounting