Our client is a well known multi-disciplined industrial automation and electrical engineering organisation that has a diverse industry focus in sectors including Advanced Technologies, Renewables, Mining, Oil & Gas , Power, Water and Infrastructure supporting both government and private sectors.
Due to a significant increase in workload our client is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer with strong power systems experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to clients, energy providers and regulators.
- Providing technical input to projects such as:
- Establishing or modifying existing connections,
- Power modelling using PSSE, ETAP, SKM PTW or similar
- Site commissioning
- LV Distribution and MCC (motor control center)
- Electrical design, study and layouts
- Ensuing full compliance and safety are at the forefront of all decisions.
- Developing transient voltage studies
- Providing technical, professional and commercial oversight for engineering works undertaken within their market segments
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably in Steel Manufacturing/ Water/ Mining/ Oil and Gas or related industries
- RPEQ or CPENG or the ability to obtain within 6 months preferred
- Experience in the design and interfacing of complex power and control systems.
- Experience in the design of schematics, SLD’s, Loop Diagrams and motor control systems
- Experience in LV Distribution and MCC design
- Stipulating or integrating with control systems
- Strong stakeholder engagement abilities.
- Experience in generating Calculations – Load Analysis, Cable Sizing, Lighting etc;
- Experience in writing reports, Scope of Works, Technical specifications etc
- Ideally you will be familiar with some or all the following software system systems:
- o SKM PTW
- o ETAP
- o PSSE
- o EMTP
- o CDEGS
- Strong understanding of the local electricity rules and regulations.
- A strong sense of urgency for solving complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A multi-discipline organisation that operates with a purpose of making a difference.
- Flexible workplace
- Team-centered work environment
- Competitive rates based on your experience
- Professional development and promotion opportunities
- Equal Opportunity Employer