Sunsuper is one of Australia’s largest and most awarded super funds. As an industry super fund, they are run to benefit their members. That means no commission, no shareholders to pay and no over the top fees to pay. They have had great returns over the long run and offer these super benefits to their members.
A position is now available for a Senior Corporate Affairs Specialist to join the Brand Marketing and Communications team at Sunsuper covering a 12-month maternity leave contract.
About the role:
The role of the Senior Corporate Affairs Specialist is to write, develop and implement media, corporate affairs and communications strategies and initiatives in accordance with Sunsuper’s marketing and brand strategy.
You will be working in a collaborative, fun and engaged team that is highly valued in the business and has an internal reputation for being high performing and always getting ‘it’ done.
The role will be a 50/50 split around proactive and reactive media activity and reputational guardianship. This will include:
- Developing the proactive media strategy including story development, content creation for media releases across online and offline mediums as well as managing media enquiries and interview requests.
- Leveraging business and personal relationships with key journalists and cultivating new contacts in the business and industry media.
- Identifying and training key internal media talent as well as providing speech and media preparation support to senior executives.
- Managing the crisis communication plan and respond and react to any media issues that may arise that affect the Fund and its brand.
- Work closely with senior executives and stakeholders to identify potential media or brand reputation issues and develop communications plans to manage and mitigate the issue.
- Manage the execution of the Fund’s media and external speaking policies, including ensuring that the corporate Q&A and key message libraries are regularly updated,
- Provide media and corporate affairs support and advice on Brand Marketing and Communications campaigns including advertising, corporate events, sponsorships, education and social media.
You will ideally be tertiary qualified with a minimum of eight years’ experience in a similar corporate affairs or public relations position. You will have direct experience working in the financial services industry, with the superannuation sector being highly desirable.
You will be credible in developing newsworthy stories for proactive media opportunities coupled with a demonstrated background working with senior executives around best practice crisis communications and reputation management. Strong writing skills and relationship management skills will be essential.
For further information please call Graeme Lammie, TROOCOO on
3054 1148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly. Please ensure you submit your resume in word format through SEEK.
Thank you for your interest.