Our client is a prestigious professional services and business services company which provides support to entrepreneurial starts ups and SMEs across Australia. This organisation has stood by business owners – untying legal knots, boosting efficiency, advocating for better conditions and helping them grow.
To support the Enterprise Risk and Compliance Manager in the planning, execution and reporting of audit engagements in order to provide assurance that the organisation’s internal control environment is effectively managing key risks, in alignment with the Board’s agreed Risk Appetite and the established Risk Management Framework.
- Support the planning of audit engagements with a relevant, risk-focused scope
- Apply an analytical approach to controls testing
- Support the Enterprise Risk and Compliance Manager in challenging the existing ways of working
- Assist in the preparation of professional and insightful reports to operational and senior management regarding control effectiveness and any opportunities for process improvement
- Partner with internal staff in supporting individual audit engagements
- Demonstrate adherence to ISO 9001 Quality Management System through engagements to support re-accreditation
- Identify areas of focus for subsequent audit engagements to feed into the Annual Review Schedule
- Collate risk metrics from Business Owners in order to prepare quarterly Risk Appetite reporting
The successful candidate:
- 4-5 years’ relevant experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- CPA/CA qualification or part qualified preferred
- Big 4 / mid tier professional services experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to see tasks through to conclusion
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Ability to confidently challenge senior management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and operate at all levels
- Project management and time management expertise
- Ability to apply a pragmatic and commercially focused approach to problem solving
- Strategic and lateral thinker with strong analytical, conceptual thinking, and planning skills
What’s on offer?
Whilst this role is a newly qualified level, the individual will have the opportunity to fast forward their career under the stewardship of a gifted manager and a successful and strategic CFO. The role is highly visible and will give the position holder exposure to a wide range of senior stakeholders. A competitive salary is on offer.