Reporting to the Capital Projects Service Manager the purpose of this fast-paced & diverse role is to provide leadership, management, development and support of the multidiscipline engineering team. This will include both the mechanical and electrical engineering carried out on site, with the objective to meet the safety, productivity and budget targets for the organisations Asset.
The ideal candidate will come from a similar industry such as oil & gas or coal power generation however suitably qualified professionals from other industries may be considered.
You will have the following skills / background:
- An ability to demonstrate and implement best in practice Asset management processes.
- Previous utilities industry experience is desirable but a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a heavy industry is essential to your success.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills in a complex environment
- A confident understanding of supplier relationships including but not limited to external contract providers.
- An ability to challenge business norms to drive innovative practice.
- You will hold minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering and preferably a current RPEQ.
- Proven ability to provide technical input into the management of the Site Capex projects.
You will have the following personal attributes:
- An exceptional commercial approach to all that you do.
- A highly motivated forward thinker with a strong sense of urgency for solving problems and getting work done.
- An ability to lead by example and take others on the journey while ensuring the team has clear goals and responsibilities.
- Be comfortable in setting / operating within a high-performance environment.
- Ability to assist in the development and implementation of the project cost and work management systems, and in the project reporting systems.
You will be rewarded with a range of benefits for regional employees including-
- Relocation assistance
- Education assistance
- Holiday travel scheme and housing assistance while working with this GOC
Our client is proud to foster an environment that builds respect, promotes inclusiveness, celebrates diversity and embraces the unique skills and qualities of their employees.
For a confidential discussion around the role, company and requirements please contact James Foden on 0414 874 571 or 07 3054 1147. Alternatively, please hit apply to register your interest immediately.