Reporting to the new Procurement Manager the core focus of this role is to support the completion of the procurement process in the context of bidding for new work and / or undertaking the end to end procurement process for work that has been awarded.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has experience in a heavy industry / manufacturing/ mining context and can support the procurement process end to end. You need to be astute with procurement agreements, able to work independently and confident interacting with stakeholders to ensure best procurement outcomes.
You will have the following background / abilities:
- 5+ years procurement experience in a related environment;
- Confident working in a fast paced project environment;
- Create structure to assess the effectiveness of category management and procurement strategy
- Confident in the implementation of strategic procurement plans;
- Demonstrated stakeholder management capability;
- Support the business in the development of bidding / tender process;
- Effectively manage post award procurement process and the management of contracts;
- Advise on appropriate KPIs, service levels and agreed performance;
- MCIPS Candidates encouraged
- Innovative thinking
- Exceptional negotiator
- An autonomous self start with a focus on delivery
- Highly engaging and passionate about procurement
Tertiary qualifications are highly desired and a background in a industrial, infrastructure or mining based setting is encouraged but not essential. You will be rewarded with an opportunity to work on a significant project for the Queensland public.
For more information or a confidential chat call Sean Johnson on 07 3054 1128 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on LinkedIn.
Alternatively hit reply now to register your interest in a fantastic opportunity.