TROOCOO are partnering with a respected heavy manufacturing business with global interests and a huge focus on the Australasian Market. They have grown and enhanced their reputation as a genuine global market player.
We are on the lookout for an experienced Category / Procurement Manager with experience working within the manufacturing / industrial chemicals industry. Engineering backgrounds are also welcomed.
In conjunction with the business you will deliver best cost supply and procurement outcomes for the assigned portfolio and spend categories, leading the procurement activity for your commodities. This is likely to include one or more key national spend categories or a site/regional based portfolio of focused spend or suppliers. Please note some site travel may be required.
You would display the following skills:
- 5-7 years plus experience in strategic and site-based procurement;
- A confident understanding of category management and strategic sourcing principles;
- Broad capex, capital and project contracting knowledge;
- A sound understanding of contractual law and terms;
- A commercial understanding of deal structuring within market constraints;
- A working knowledge of the P2P cycle and SAP or related systems;
- A proved ability to support operations and deliver effective engagements;
- Category management within a heavy manufacturing / engineering environment is preferred.
Individuals will have the following personal attributes:
- Exceptional relationship Management and stakeholder consultation skills ;
- Commercial and financially orientated;
- Strong influencing, negotiation and problem-solving skills;
- Confident planner and project manager;
- Confident in change focussed environments.
You will be rewarded with a great opportunity to join a global market leader in the industry they operate in and be a part of the company’s ongoing growth / future plans. Tertiary qualifications is Business, Accounting, Finance or Engineering are desirable as is industry experience in manufacturing, resources or chemicals.
For more information or a general discussion regarding your career please contact Sean Johnson – Director Projects, Procurement and Operations on 07 3054 1128 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/trocoo/