This Government Department is uncompromisingly customer-focused delivering a key service in a supportive, inclusive and team-focused environment.
About the Role
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager and forming a crucial part of the Human Resources team, this role will provide Health and Safety advice and project support across the department. Please note this will be a 3-month contract with the possibility to extend. Responsibilities include;
- Providing influential advice and leadership on a range of workplace health and safety and governance issues.
- Providing effective case management for governance, ethics, rehabilitation and return to work matters.
- Supervising the implementation of a range of strategic WHS initiatives and projects.
- Undertake research and analysis of organisational data to identify trends, opportunities, issues and challenges, centering on WHS.
- Prepare comprehensive and sensitive reports, submissions, briefs in relation to a range of human resources issues.
You will be an experienced WHS Advisor with proven experience providing workplace health and safety advice and support within a corporate environment.
- Qualifications in Human Resources, Occupational Health and Safety or a related discipline highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing WHS teams.
- High level working knowledge of Human Resources practices, expert level Workplace Health and Safety knowledge.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to work across multiple business areas and senior officers.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated experience creating strategy and partnering with leaders to build safety cultures, whilst you also enjoy contributing at an operational level.
This 3- month contract role offers the opportunity to join a values-based organisation to develop and enhance the Workplace Health and Safety function.
For further information please contact Jessica O’Neill at Troocoo on 0431 132 206 for a confidential discussion.
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly.