Hancock Natural Resource Group (HNRG), is an investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of John Hancock/Manulife Financial Corporation. HNRG is based in Boston, and is made up of two core businesses, Hancock Agricultural Investment Group (HAIG), which develops and manages farmland investments and Hancock Timber Resource Group (HTRG), which develops and manages timberland investments.
HNRG have specific growth plans for the next 5 years and are therefore now looking to attract a Portfolio Analyst who will provide financial support and analysis to support the strategic goals.
About the role
The Portfolio Analyst will report to the Managing Director, Institutional Business APAC, and work closely with the team across the Institutional Business Group.
The Portfolio Analyst will support the Portfolio Managers in overall development and implementation of client farmland and investment strategies in APAC. This will include financial analysis and modeling of opportunities ensuring strategic and performance objectives are met.
- Provide analytics supporting the development and ongoing management of client portfolios.
- Prepare materials for client reviews with Portfolio Managers.
- Write management commentary, in consultation with operations teams, to accompany quarterly client financial reports.
- Respond to client questions and requests for data and analysis.
- Assist Portfolio Managers in the development and implementation of acquisition funding strategies, including: preparing investment offering materials and operating and financial model development.
- Evaluate and document acquisition and disposition opportunities.
- Evaluate historical and projected portfolio performance.
- Monitor economic trends in global farmland markets.
- Review and analyse property budgets and long-term management plans.
- Develop and improve analytical processes and reporting capabilities
- Liaise with the Institutional Business (IB) team to be aware of any investor issues or constraints.
- Support the research and the Institutional Business (IB) on special projects as needed.
About the person
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field e.g. Agriculture, Forestry, Finance, Economics.
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant field e.g. Business Administration, Chartered Financial Analyst, will be highly regarded.
- 1-3 years of work experience in a related field.
- Client service orientation.
- Prior experience working with clients in an advisory role will be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, and comfort performing analyses with various systems that house investment data.
- Desire to obtain/progress towards a CFA or CAIA designation is desirable.
If you would like to know more, please contact Nick Lemin on 07 3054 1125 or 0434 586 321.