As the Payroll Officer you will contribute to the delivery of a comprehensive payroll service to the business as well as providing advice remuneration and benefits.
- A minimum of 5 years payroll experience, from an industrial environment such as electricity or mining.
- Understanding of general accounting principles.
- Ability to interpret Awards/ Agreements and apply policies and procedures to the payroll function.
- Knowledge of integrated ERP system (Payroll modules)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of PAYG tax, FBT and superannuation legislation and its application to Payroll related issues.
- Co-ordinate the day to day operating aspects of the payroll function including taxation (PAYG and payroll tax), leave management, superannuation, allowances, salary sacrifice options, terminations etc.
- Process payroll for employees ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Co-ordinate the compilation of weekly, fortnightly or monthly deductions and superannuation contributions and forward to suppliers.
- With an understanding and regard to award requirements, monitor leave balances and employee entitlement to payment, after the collection of relevant forms and certificates.
- Qualify the submission of overtime and entitlement submissions with Supervisors to ensure claims accurately reflect the work undertaken.
- Reviewing and checking staff transaction reports to ensure audit requirements are met, and reviewing the final pay run for accuracy.
- Give advice on and provide interpretation of appropriate legislative and regulatory requirements and implement these within the payroll system.
- Develop and maintain up to date payroll procedures.
- Provide information and input as required into the EBA process
- Diploma level qualifications in business/commerce or human resources (desirable)
To learn more please call Annie Kennedy on 3054 1141 or apply online.