Our client is a leading Government department that is well positioned in the market experiencing continued growth, success and transformation. A position for a Media Officer is now available to join this team on a contract basis. This is an all-rounder media role where the successful candidate will have experience in a similar role with strong written communication skills.
About the role:
- Assist the manager, media with regular enquiries from mainstream and industry media
- Develop and manage the relationship with mainstream media channels
- Develop proactive media opportunities for both the minister and departmental leaders
- Work with the media team leader to build constructive relationships within the department
- Speech writing
- Degree qualified in communications, journalism, public relations, or similar
- 3-5 years’ experience working within a broad media or public relations role in government or the private sector
- Demonstrated skills in developing and executing media releases
- Exceptional written communication skills
Alternatively if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will ensure we get back to your application shortly.
Thank you for your interest.