Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives.
The driving force behind funding these services is the RSL Art Union Lottery which over the last decade has reached unprecedented growth through market disruption and innovation. We have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Work amongst leading professionals who are pushing the boundaries in contemporary marketing including the adoption of AI, propensity modelling and a customer experience focus.
About the role
The Marketing Specialist’s primary role is to ensure the lotteries marketing team achieves their lottery revenue targets and drives return-on-investment from marketing activities. This role develops and implements the lotteries sales and marketing campaigns per lottery, coordinating with the design and production teams ensuring all deadlines are met and delivered according to the budget. The role also has responsibility for maintaining compliant processes for all marketing advertising and collateral development while working closely with the Senior Specialist to plan and implement the yearly communication schedule.
- Use existing research to cultivate an in-depth knowledge of the existing customer base to inform actionable insights and drive commercial outcomes.
- Support the development of an annual lottery campaign strategy and deliver the per game tactical plan to maximise ROI for the Lotteries sales and marketing initiatives.
- Contribute to the master comms schedule to ensure both retention and acquisition initiatives are integrated effectively into the lotteries database digital, SMS and direct mail communications.
- Develop and manage the implementation of all Lotteries campaigns, including digital and print collateral and content creation for communication to the existing customer base.
- Contribute to lotteries marketing reporting to track and forecast Art Union revenue targets, ROI and identify tactical campaign opportunities in support of the Senior Marketing Specialist.
- Delivery of effective reporting to demonstrate success of ad-hoc and tactical campaign performance against metrics as determined by the campaign brief.
- Deliver high impact direct e-comm campaigns to the RSL Art Union customer base using data insights and campaign results to optimise each send. Build and optimise email templates, test subject lines and send times for continuous improvement.
- Own and optimise the entire customer journey including the website landing pages relevant to your campaign.
- Use data insights to improve conversion rates on site by testing different content, messaging and page layouts in partnership with the Digital Specialist.
- Marketing related tertiary qualification essential
- Up to 3 years in a marketing experience in a marketing campaign-based consumer organisation
- Demonstrated experience reporting in a management environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressures
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement cross-functional sales and marketing campaigns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong reporting and data analytics skills - excel skills desirable
- Experience in Lotteries highly desirable
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.