People Helping People. It is at the heart of everything UnitingCare Queensland (UnitingCare) do. As the health and community service provider of the Uniting Church they have supported people across Queensland for over 100 years. And while each of their 400 locations offers unique challenges and rewards, their 17,000 staff and 9000 volunteers are all united by a single mission – to improve the health and wellbeing of people in communities across Queensland and the Northern Territory. Their services encompass eight major brands including UnitingCare, Blue Care, The Wesley Hospital, St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital, Buderim Private Hospital and St Stephens Hospital, Lifeline, and Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS).
UnitingCare are looking for passionate individuals who share their values and are driven to make a real difference in the lives of those who need it most – including the elderly, those with disabilities, children, families and Indigenous people.
UnitingCare has recently embarked on a new and exciting corporate renewal, which is creating a stronger business model to deliver the organisation’s long-term strategy. This corporate transformation is delivering on a single vision with a united voice, stronger partnerships, and the ability to make an even greater impact on the people and communities they serve.
The purpose of this newly created role is to manage the Health & Safety Team located across the 4 Private hospitals within UnitingCare. Reporting to the General Manager, Health Safety and Wellbeing, you will provide accurate and timely advice in all matters pertaining to Health and Safety for the business leaders. You will work in collaboration with business leaders, assisting in day to day advice and guidance, whilst providing high level support in the implementation of Health & Safety Management System, initiatives and programs, all times fostering a proactive safety culture. This role will:
- Implement and operationalise health & safety strategies initiatives and programs
- Provide leadership and manage all staff related matters for your team and management processes including performance management and development.
- Provide consistent, timely and current advice and support across the business stream.
- Maintain expertise and currency on emerging health & safety legislation, trends, culture and issues to lead a team that advises business leaders with relevant and effective strategies and programs.
- Support managers and staff to maintain safe systems of work and implement a safety culture, including providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support
- Develop recommendations to ensure the organisation meets their obligations, focusing on proactive safety to support people first safety culture.
To be considered for the position, you will be an exceptional people leader who can demonstrate extensive experience and a record of achievement as Health and Safety Manager, leading safety change in a large and complex business. Working for a customer centric organisation that is committed to safety, innovation and communities is paramount for you. To be successful in this role, you will have had success leading health and safety change, shifting culture and building safety leadership capability.
Relevant skills and experience required:
- Demonstrated ability to engage stakeholders to influence in health & safety outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex interactions in the provision of a health & safety compliance and proactive safety culture
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of WHS legislation and supporting regulations and codes
- Demonstrated experience in implementing health & safety culture, systems, policy/procedure frameworks & initiatives
- Demonstrated team leadership experience
- Demonstrated understanding of auditing
- Extensive knowledge, skills and experience in the implementation, maintenance and review of safety management systems
- Tertiary qualification in WHS, or a related discipline, and/or relevant industry experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in leading or managing a Health & Safety team in a healthcare environment.
Troocoo's top priority is the health, safety and well-being of our team, contractors, clients and extended networks. We want to assure you Troocoo remains committed to delivering exceptional services and have implemented processes to minimise the risk and disruption in relation to COVID-19.