To support this growth, we are recruiting the newly created position of Legal Counsel to provide necessary support to the Executive Leadership team and wider business.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the role of Legal Counsel lawyer is multifaceted and will require you to provide support and advice across all business functions. You will play a critical role in ensuring business risk is mitigated and provide ongoing support with all internal processes and procedures to ensure best practice and compliance. Key responsibilities include:
- Establishment and management of companywide compliance system.
- Development and maintenance of corporate policies and procedures.
- Share registry maintenance and off market transactions.
- Assist to develop and review documentation associated with mergers, acquisitions and establishment of new entities.
- Review legal agreements including contracts, purchase order conditions, property leases, insurance documents.
- Assist with workplace , health, safety and environment issues.
- Liaise with Board and Management regarding Shareholder rights, Supply rights and constitutional obligations.
- Coordinate enquires through external lawyers.
- Negotiate with stakeholders such as government industry bodies.
- Assess company activities and advise on possible legal risks associated with our operations.
- Assist with compiling Board papers and associated documents.
This position is well suited to an experienced practicing lawyer that is looking for a growth opportunity in-house. As this is the only in-house representation, you will have experience providing a wide variety of advice to a diverse stakeholder group.
You will love the autonomy that this position has to offer and will be given the support to really own this function and position yourself as a trusted adviser. You will pride yourself on your strong communication skills and the ability to adapt to your audience and positively contribute to the broader team. You will have a strong undertaking of risk assessment within a commercial environment.
For more information, please email Kate Russell at Troocoo, firstname.lastname@example.org