Located in Yeppoon on the beautiful Capricorn Coast this role supports Council’s direction by providing a range of infrastructure planning and design services for municipal projects and development related works on behalf of the Infrastructure Portfolio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Reporting to Coordinator Infrastructure Planning.
- Undertake infrastructure planning, research, analysis and design tasks for water supply and sewerage municipal infrastructure.
- Undertake infrastructure planning, research, analysis and design as required, for stormwater, traffic and roads, cycleways and footpaths, coastal, and community facilities.
- Provide specialist professional civil engineering advice and support to Council, senior management and internal and external customers as required in relation to the planning for, and provision of, civil infrastructure.
- Preparation of forward works programs and forward financial plans relating to the planning, upgrade and augmentation of infrastructure assets. This position has responsibility for the ongoing review and development of updated versions of the Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) and the Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (AICR) and supporting instruments.
- Critically review infrastructure engineering reports, designs and drawings as required.
- Provide supervision, mentoring, guidance and advice to lower classified officers/graduates and other Council employees, as required.
- Ensure that Council policies, processes and procedures are followed and that work meets safety, technical and quality specifications.
- Act as a role model for Council’s Values and Behaviours at all times and display a high level of professional and ethical conduct
- Refer matters that may impact upon the business, Council and employees to the relevant Supervisor or Manager.
- Undertake other relevant duties as directed, consistent with skills, competence and training.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning, research analysis and design of water supply and sewerage infrastructure
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management abilities.
- A strong sense of urgency for solving complex problems.
- Must hold a current and valid driver’s licence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants with RPEQ will be highly regarded but this is not essential
You will be rewarded with a range of benefits including:
Livingstone Shire Council is an organisation that fosters 5 core values including:
Teamwork , Community, Accountability, Potential, Positivity
They also offer the following benefits:
- Flexible hours (9-day fortnight)
- Equal opportunity employer
- Super incentives that can equal 18% as a co contributor
- Fantastic location, just a stone throw from some fantastic tropical island’s and beaches
Please apply to register your interest or alternatively, for a confidential discussion around the role and requirements please contact James Foden – 0414 874 571