Our client is a leading infrastructure company that is delivering on a range of significant and key projects throughout Australia. A new position has become available for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join the organisation and play a critical role in setting up the OH&S framework, procedures, systems, and policies.
About the role:
- Provide the strategic and world-class Health and Safety strategy and framework for this leading employer;
- Ensure the safety management processes actively engage all employees in developing and maintaining a safe work environment;
- Provide expert advice in implementing systems and processes to ensure compliance and effectiveness of the health and safety performance of the organization;
- Ensure you are driving a culture of 'safety first', and prepare and implement policies throughout the organisation that reflects this;
- Establish and maintain an audit program to assess, and continually improve Health and Safety in the workplace; and
- Work with internal and external stakeholders along with project teams to deliver best practice OH&S.
- Ideally, you will hold relevant tertiary or diploma qualifications;
- Hold extensive experience in health & safety, ideally in a critical industrial or heavy industry;
- Advanced understanding and practical application of Health & Safety legislation, H&S best practice, balanced with an understanding of how this is balanced with the needs of the project and business; and
- You will have a genuine concern for safety and will be the safety champion throughout the organization.
0436 318 299.
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly. Please ensure you submit your resume in word format through SEEK.