Credit Union Australia (CUA) is an organisation that is driven by a passionate and genuine desire to make a difference and help their customers enrich their lives. When you join CUA you have a chance to be part of something different in a growing organisation that seeks to put its members and “digital first” at its heart.
With CUA, profits go back to customers as better rates and lower fees to provide customers with better-value banking and they are committed to delivering “life rich banking” that has everybody’s best interests at heart. This is an organisation that has a great appreciation for the importance of their brand and its connection to core values, so you will be highly valued and integral in their ongoing success. At CUA you will see the results of your work, be recognised for your achievements and be provided with the support you need to grow both personally and professionally.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer and a new senior leadership position for CUA, the Head of Operations & Continuous Improvement will provide strong operational leadership and strategic direction to the business with a focus on continuous improvement that aligns to the strategic plan and company vision. The role will be accountable for all operational processes that relate to Loan Documentation and Settlements, Payments, Collections, Member service operations and Credit Assessment and decisioning within the organisation. As a member of the CUA senior leadership group you will need to ensure that the Continuous Improvement (CI) and Operations Support functions leads the optimisation of the Operations function and the delivery of continuous improvements across the business, including the delivery of automation capability.
You will be a key contributor to CUA's senior leadership team, and represent the division with key stakeholders, clients and team members, both internally and externally.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Developing and implementing the strategic direction for the Operations teams with appropriate alignment to CUA strategy and business plans
- Operational aspect of payment solutions and services to CUA member in the most cost effective manner
- Provide strong leadership and direction within the division
- Management of all processes and credit decisioning that deliver products or services to the retail department and distribution divisions in accordance with service level agreements.
- Accountable for various operational teams supporting the banking services, including Special payment operations, Debt collection, Credit Assessment, decisioning and Payment Scheme Management
- Lead the team on generating new initiatives through data driven insights, business process mapping, ongoing analysis and re-engineering, working to elevate and improve our efficiency, effectiveness and members' experience
- Create a culture of change and innovation to enable continuous growth and improvement.
- Deliver on the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) vision through developing the RPA/AI capability across the operations business.
- Ensuring CUA member experience is both measured and consistently improved, ensuring support and delivery that is aligned to the CUA Purpose, working together through life's changes.
- Manage and implement a prudent risk management approach in all aspects of your team.
Key Skills Required:
To be considered for the position, you will be a strong people leader who demonstrates extensive experience and record of achievements in a senior operations management role across the Financial Services sectors. Ideally you will experience in leading a lending operations (credit) function as well as a background in payments.
You will have solid leadership and emotional intelligence skills with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver strategy through a complex member-oriented environment through strong transformational leadership, analytical and strategic thinking.
Your strategic commercial capability and experience as a senior leader are underpinned by your understanding of relevant legislation, compliance and operations, and the ability to apply commercial and financial principles in order to make strategic business decisions based on the consideration of acceptable risks, business outcomes and organisational constraints.
It is essential that you demonstrate superior presentation and communication skills. Demonstrate integrity in all dealings; be honest and open; listen to and consider stakeholder views; demonstrate empathy; and act in a way that reflects the culture and values of the organisation.
Exceptional stakeholder relationship skills will be critical for this role as you will need to develop and foster essential networks and partnerships necessary to achieve organisational objectives through periods of growth and change.
Ability to identify opportunities for change and lead improvement initiatives will be needed for this leadership position.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine, Director - Executive on (07) 3054 1143 / 0411 686 652. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email firstname.lastname@example.org