With 15,000 “Goodstarters” across 644 centres nurturing 70,900 children, Goodstart are Australia's largest provider of early learning and care. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, Goodstart exist purely to improve the lives of Australia's children and their families. Goodstart’s vision is for Australia’s children to have the best start in life. Goodstart’s purpose is for children to have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Goodstart was formed in 2009 thanks to the combined efforts of The Benevolent Society, The Brotherhood of St Laurence, Mission Australia and Social Ventures Australia. Over the past decade, Goodstart has built a solid foundation by significantly lifting quality and ensuring financial sustainability across the organisation.
Goodstart see that the world is changing for children, families and our people, and they want to be at the absolute forefront of designing and realising innovative practices and offers that truly change lives.
About this critical appointment:
This is a truly unique career opportunity that will lead the design and support the delivery of Goodstart Early Learning’s offer and experience for their people (employees), families and children. The Head of Experience and Marketing will bring a unique and tailored skillset to the Goodstart Early Learning leadership team and in this multi-faceted position you will be required to perform the role of brand & experience strategist, custodian, advocate, challenger, facilitator, designer, coach and advisor. This role is centred in insight and human centred design, bringing an experience lens to all initiatives across Goodstart Early Learning, ensuring they can amplify brand impact and outcomes for Goodstart people, children and families.
Reporting to the Chief Experience Officer and leading a national team of specialists, the Head of Experience and Marketing will be responsible for Goodstart Early Learning’s brand, marketing, digital, communications, insights, experience & innovation practice to deliver a personalised experience and offer for families and employees. This role brings together People & Culture and Marketing/Cx in a unique and new role opportunity.
Key focus of the role:
- Develop brand, marketing and experience strategy for people (talent) and families to drive acquisition, retention and advocacy outcomes for Goodstart;
- Development of the strategy to localise the Goodstart brand and drive local consideration and brand uplift for their families and people;
- Build Human Centred Design (HCD) and innovation capability within the organisation – including the development of practice and tools to capture and progress people’s ideas to drive co-design and change across Goodstart’s network of Centres;
- Lead the experience and marketing team of professionals, driving their delivery, engagement and capability growth;
- Evolve people & families insight and analytics capability into a centre of excellence for Goodstart Early Learning;
- Utilising insights and human centred design, lead the creation of unique products and experiences for families and people;
- Establishment of design principles, tools and frameworks to foster co-design and experience outcomes;
- Development of key internal and external relationships to support Goodstart value proposition;
- Establishing the digital experience framework for all digital platforms across Goodstart; and
- Development of monitoring and effectiveness systems to understand experience, utilisation and performance.
- Formal tertiary qualification in Marketing or Business or Design with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in management of a marketing, experience, innovation or communication function;
- Absolute people-centric mindset with a strong track record in developing value propositions and experience using market insight and evidence;
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and administering organisational-wide marketing and communication strategies, change management plans, policies and procedures;
- Ability to work collaboratively and rally an organisation behind an idea - curation and movement building experience is an advantage
- Experience engaging, leading and developing teams fostering an agile mindset and behaviours;
- Experience managing multiple programs across a matrix organisation and still delivering a customer focused outcome; and
- Experience in developing and maintaining mature business relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to influence and persuade.
- You will have the opportunity to bring your passion and talent to make a real difference in the world within an industry that resonates with you;
- Work for a company that has an aspiration to be globally recognised for early years practice and learning outcomes;
- Access to discounted childcare and Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging benefits;
- Discounted health care and access to an employee wellbeing program with BUPA;
- Be a part of a team and work environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging, inclusion and purpose; and
- Exclusive discounts on travel, gym memberships, Apple and Dell products, and more.
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly.
Thank you for your interest.