The Royal Automobile Club of Queensland Limited (RACQ) is a motoring club and mutual organisation, providing roadside assistance, insurance, travel, finance and other services to its Queensland members. RACQ are a diverse and inclusive organisation, and embrace the value of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of their employees help them innovate, make better business decisions and better serve their members. They are committed to providing an organisational culture and workplace that cultivates diversity and inclusion across every aspect of their business, and that supports the growth and development opportunities of all their people to help them reach their full potential.
Reporting directly to the General Manager - Claims, this senior leadership appointment will be responsible for leading the Compulsory Third Party Claims Department through its end-to-end operations. The new Head of CTP Claims will need to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and legislation. Developing and delivering against operational plans aligned to the Insurance and Group strategies for CTP Claims including resource allocation and budgets will also be an essential requirement to the role.
This pivotal senior appointment will work collaboratively with internal and external whilst delivering strong financial results to ensure the membership receives the best outcome.
Key Role Requirements
- Proactively contribute to the Senior Leadership Team and lead the CTP Claims Division to achieve the organisations strategy and vision.
- Develop and deliver operational plans for the division including resource allocation, staff development and budgets.
- Apply collaborative leadership behaviour consistent with the RACQ values.
- Contribute to the development of processes and systems that shape the day-to-day workflows in CTP Claims.
- Deliver quality customer service responsiveness to internal and external customers.
- Inspire a workplace culture consistent with the organisation’s behaviours and values.
- Effectively manage budget responsibilities within area of responsibility.
- Ensure best practice is applied on all occasions.
- Ensure compliance with the RACQ Code of Conduct and other relevant acts and codes as applied throughout RACQ.
To be successful in this role you will have a deep understanding of effective organisational governance, legal compliance and relevant legislation and a keen eye for detail. The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate a background in Personal Injury with an ability to grasp the bigger picture.
In this senior leadership role, you will be a strong people leader with a practical and growth mindset who is looking for an environment and culture of accountability, high performance and delivery. You will need to be a skilled communicator who is able to work well in large teams and collaborate effectively with a wide range of different stakeholders.
Previous experience in driving high performance in an organisation through challenging goals, taking action to address underperformance, delegation, and taking a commercial approach will be needed in this key appointment. You will need to gain the trust through an open and honest manner, standing behind their principles and modelling positive behaviour. An executive who displays sound judgement and rational thinking as well as handling complex ideas and is quick to solve problems will be essential.
You will be a trained corporate lawyer with the ability to demonstrate strong experience within a similar position and ideally hold a current practicing certificate.
You will also bring a demonstrated ability in a changing environment as well as taking an innovative approach. Strong stakeholder management skills are of paramount importance, with a proven ability to champion, lead and implement transformational change. Tertiary qualification in Law or a relevant business discipline will be highly desirable.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine 07) 3054 1143 / 0411 686 652. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email firstname.lastname@example.org