People Helping People. It’s at the heart of everything UnitingCare Queensland do. As the health and community service provider of the Uniting Church they’ve supported people across Queensland for over 100 years. And while each of their 400 locations offers unique challenges and rewards, their 17,000 staff and 9000 volunteers are all united by a single goal – to help improve the lives of people in communities across Queensland.
UCQ are looking for passionate individuals who share their values and are driven to make a real difference in the lives of those who need it most – including the elderly, those with disabilities, children, families and Indigenous people.
About the role:
UCQ has recently embarked on a new and exciting corporate renewal, which will create a stronger business model to deliver the organisation’s long-term strategy. This corporate transformation will deliver on a single vision, united voice, stronger partnerships, better stewardship and the ability to make an even greater impact in the services they provide.
Working closely with the Group CEO and board, the Group Executive Corporate Development will provide strong leadership and strategic advice in the strengthening and development of this dynamic group of brands. This pivotal role will support business units and functions to drive change, optimisation, efficiencies and continuous improvement while aligning to the mission, goals and the 2030 company vision.
This is a role that requires a strategist who can deliver enterprise change capability, program management and strategic input to create an environment conducive to improving value through business and process improvement. The successful executive will be a strong influencer who will be able to identify gaps and risks whilst working collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to manage both employee, stakeholder and customer expectations. The role will have a focus on best practice and improved service performance that will impact business growth, profitability and adhering to UnitingCare’s mission to have greatest positive social impact.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Work closely with the Executive Leadership Team to build and execute sustainable corporate performance improvements, strategic growth and competitive advantage;
- Coach and facilitate key stakeholders towards alignment of the 2030 strategy and implementation approach;
- Lead new ways of delivering internal excellence, financial results and customer service, through commercial partnerships, joint ventures, private equity, mergers and acquisitions, and fundraising.
- Evaluate and execute corporate development opportunities with a focus on divestitures and investments, as well as stewardship of the organisational strategy, annual planning and performance reporting to the Board and Executive;
- Bring leaders on the journey to contribute to designing and implementing a roadmap for the future to delivery 2030, developing, implementing and leading continuous improvement frameworks across UnitingCare Queensland;
- As a member of the ELT take responsibility for key management decisions to ensure the effective operations of UnitingCare Queensland;
- Balance the missional imperatives of the Uniting Church with the commercial imperatives of operating a large, not for profit health and community services provider; and
- Customer focused and values led;
To be considered for the position you will be a solution focused people leader who can demonstrate extensive experience and a record of achievement as a C-suite executive. You will bring with you proven experience in building, embedding and managing an organisational transformation in a complex business across a matrix structure. Strong leadership with demonstrable executive and Board Stakeholder management skills are of paramount importance, in order to lead corporate strategy, drive key initiatives, manage conflicting priorities as well as challenging others where appropriate. Ideally, you will have also had exposure in working with Management Consultancies who were working in large and complex business to deliver organisational change and transformation.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a high profile Queensland organisation in an influential senior executive appointment.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine (0411 686 652) or Scott Horton (0410 292 332), Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org