Troocoo is proud to be partnering with PRA Australia for the position of Graduate Accountant. PRA Australia is a subsidiary of a global leader in purchasing and servicing debt, PRA Group (Nasdaq: PRAA). Since 1996, PRA Group has grown to become a global leader. This growth has been driven by their core values of ethics, compliance and customer service to partner with their customers to resolve outstanding debt. In a start-up environment and operating in an opportune market, the Brisbane team is on a tremendous journey to replicate international success in the domestic market.
About your Role
As the Graduate Accountant, you will report into the Finance Manager. Through a one on one relationship, this is a unique opportunity to develop your technical understanding and skills, under a good mentor and within a fast growing business. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Managing and processing Accounts payable and receivables transactions
- Reconciliation of General Ledger accounts
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly and year-end financial accounts
- Prepare, analyse & validate financial data and information
- Assistance with preparation of financial reports, relevant board materials and financial statements
- Coordination and preparation of budget, mid/long term plan
- Monitoring of financial performance of existing operations and preparation of analysis of variance between budget and actual on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Tax related reporting
- Assistance with analysis of all portfolios’ cash collections projections
- Participate and take initiative in continual improvement processes
As a culture focused organisation, they have developed a work culture that encourages collaboration, accountability, openness and high-performance. You will align yourself culturally and look to add to it. You will have completed or nearing completion of your university studies in Accounting with further ambitions to undertake CA/CPA studies. 6 to 12 months experience in an accounting position would be highly desirable. This is a rare opportunity thus preferred candidate will be self-motivated, proactive to learn and be enthusiastic to be a part of this incredible journey.
Due to the Christmas holiday break, applicants will be contacted early January 2021. If you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will ensure we get back to your application in the new year.
Please note, any applications sent directly to PRA Australia will be forwarded on to Troocoo for consideration.
For further insights and opportunities in the market you can 'follow' our company LinkedIn profile, Troocoo. Thanks again for your efforts in sending through your application and we wish you every success with your job search.
Thank you for your interest.