Working closely with the Executive General Manager - Care Services, the General Manager Residential Aged Care will provide strong leadership and direction to the Residential Aged Care group with a key focus in optimising residential aged care facility operations. This is a role that requires a strategist who can develop and implement robust clinical and care frameworks that aligns to the five-year strategic plan and company vision. These frameworks will need to meet the needs of residents, new legislations, accreditation requirements whilst meeting key budget targets.
The new General Manager will have a vision for growth potential, market opportunities and deliver a consumer centric approach while leading a large team of highly capable leaders and clinical experts. You will be required to build and execute sustainable improvements through the delivery of home care and retirement living and embed a culture of continuous customer improvement. This role will also involve the development of the Residential Aged Care division with a focus on organisational design so that best practice and improved service performance will meet the immediate and future needs of the business.
Specifically, key success areas include:
- Lead the provision of all resident services to maximize the outcomes from a Consumer Directed Care Focus in the Residential Aged Care environment.
- Contribute to the clinical and care provision within Residential Aged Care’s in accordance with the Aged Care Accreditation Standards to maximize safety and quality outcomes.
- Work with key stakeholders in researching and developing strategic new models for maximising occupancy – including respite and other short-term stays.
- Build relationships across the senior leadership teams to enable (and lead) collaboration between teams to maximise the safest outcomes from care delivery as evidenced by service specific clinical and non-clinical indicators
- Provide strong and effective leadership to service managers to ensure they develop and implement appropriate plans which effectively support and contribute to the achievement of organisation and its goals.
Key Skills Required:
To be considered for the position, you will be a strong people leader who demonstrates extensive experience and record of achievements at an operational leadership level across the Healthcare; Not for Profit or Commercial industry sectors. You will ideally possess a clinical / Allied Health background with a proven track record in embedding clear strategic and operational frameworks across multiple divisions.
Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills are of paramount importance, combined with the ability to deliver customer centric objectives for the business. Your ability to engage others and embrace organisational change with a client service ethos is critical.
Your strategic commercial capability and experience as a senior leader are underpinned by your superior presentation and communication skills. Demonstrate integrity in all dealings; be honest and open; listen to and consider stakeholder views; demonstrate empathy; and act in a way that reflects the culture and values of the organisation.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine (0411 686 652). Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email email@example.com