About RSL Queensland
RSL Queensland is a social purpose organisation with a long and rich history of supporting current and ex-service men, women and their families. Comprising of both front-line service delivery and corporate support services, RSL Queensland’s head office is located in Brisbane with regional offices throughout Queensland.
RSL Queensland’s purpose is to ensure a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families. The ongoing goals of the organisation are to ensure growth of their service delivery in order to meet the needs of current and future veterans; establish diversified income streams protecting the future of the organisation; grow their core membership base; build & strengthen their relationship with the RSL Queensland sub branches and be a true partner of Defence and the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA).
The organisation is transforming the way they do business by way of digitisation, cultural transformation, service delivery enhancement and diversification of revenue. Funding from their RSL Art Union Lottery (the most successful not-for-profit art union in Australia) has allowed them to embrace innovation, harness smart ideas and create positive change.
About the role
Working closely with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager, Membership and Network will have overall accountability for the strategic planning, effective implementation and management of all league service activities across 240 RSL District and Sub-Branches in local Queensland communities.
This pivotal role will evaluate and oversee the level of RSL District and Sub-Branch service and operational support requirements; facilitate the design and implementation of strategies to significantly improve the capability and effectiveness of the RSL Queensland network. The successful executive will be accountable for delivering membership growth and retention through an improved Member Value Proposition, ensuring members are at the centre of RSL Queensland’s service delivery and program investment.
This is a role that requires a strong influencer who can lead and embed a culture that connects and unites stakeholders across RSL Queensland’s workforce, volunteer base, membership, and external stakeholder groups, with a priority to balance commerciality with social outcomes.
- Lead the development and execution of the Portfolio's annual business plan and associated workplans to align with and support RSL Queensland’s 2025 Strategy
- Partner with the Executive Leadership Team to ensure key business drivers are understood, contribute to whole of enterprise decision making; and effectively leveraged to optimise strategic outcomes
- Lead the ongoing evolution and delivery of exemplary District and Sub-Branch Programs and Support Services, including the coordination of corporate support offerings across the domains of Finance, Compliance, Risk, Governance, Workforce and Brand/Marketing
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset to drive efficiency and effectiveness of services delivered to the Australian Defence Force community
- Coach and mentor senior leaders to develop their business acumen and hone their focus on supporting the business to achieve good outcomes
- Partner with the General Manager, Veteran Services to improve the awareness of and advocacy for RSL Queensland’s services across the membership and the Australian Defence Force community more broadly to ensure Veteran needs are met
- Provide ongoing strategic advice to the RSL Queensland Board and Chief Executive Officer regarding existing and emerging District and Sub-Branch risks and opportunities to achieve maximum impact on Veteran outcomes
- Understand the complexity of the Australian Defence Force and Ex-Service Organisation environment to effectively engage with key stakeholders to understand needs and lead the development and implementation of the RSL District, Sub -Branch and Partnership Engagement and Development Strategy in response to the existing and emerging needs of the Australian Defence Force community
- Create and foster opportunities for the ongoing growth and development of strategic partnerships with Government, Defence Agencies, other Ex-Service Organisations and a range of other stakeholders to generate new opportunities to advance the Vison and Objects of RSL Queensland
To be considered for the position, you will be an exceptional people leader who can demonstrate extensive experience and a record of achievement at an executive level.
You will need to have had experience in leading a corporate service delivery function within a complex organisation, such as Defence, Welfare or Advocacy. Experience in creating effective working relationships and effectively negotiating with diverse stakeholder groups (experience in a matrix environment highly regarded) will be needed in this pivotal role.
Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills are of paramount importance, combined with a deep understanding of community and consumer engagement methodologies. Your ability to engage others and embrace organisational change with a client service ethos is critical.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a high profile Queensland organisation in an influential senior executive appointment.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine on (07) 3054 1143 / 0411 686 652. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button.