About the organisation:
The Sunshine Coast region is widely acknowledged as one of the most desirable places in the world to live, work and play. It’s set to become a leading regional economic powerhouse with a progressive approach to sustainable economic growth and outstanding opportunities, which are unrivalled elsewhere in Australia.
The Sunshine Coast Airport is the fastest growing Airport in Australia with year on year passenger growth. The expansion of the runway has enabled local businesses and tourism to flourish in one of South East Queensland’s most desired places to live. As the Sunshine Coast Airport continues to grow, the Sunshine Coast will be opened up to seamless travel from within Australia, the Pacific and Asia, while offering locals the opportunity to connect directly with domestic and international flights.
About the role
Due to growth and expansion within the Sunshine Coast Airport, an exciting opportunity is now available for a General Manager Infrastructure and Planning to join the leadership team. Based in the Sunshine Coast and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager Infrastructure and Planning is accountable for the development and implementation of Sunshine Coast Airports assets strategy and within this, ensuring that the assets comply with all relevant legislation and meet or exceed all customer expectations to support the realisation of Sunshine Coast Airport’s corporate purpose and vision.
As the General Manager Infrastructure and Planning, you will be responsible for the master-plan, budgetary performance, legislative compliance, stakeholder satisfaction, infrastructure development plans and programs along with the timely delivery of key project activities for Sunshine Coast Airport.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop the business plan for the Department incorporating financial budget, statistical analysis and action plans and within this, ensuring the plan supports Sunshine Coast Airport’s corporate vision
- Lead and manage the Infrastructure and Planning Team on a day-to-day basis ensuring the team is adequately resourced and managed to deliver against the business plan. Management functions also include providing recommendations on staffing levels and managing the performance and ongoing development of all members of the team.
- Monthly reporting to the CEO on progress against assets and project delivery business plans.
- Undertake detailed planning, timing and costing of key infrastructure including terminals, runway, aprons, hangars and services such as water, power, sewerage, IT etc. to ensure that they meet operational and commercial requirements,
- Manage the delivery of major airport planning, capital projects and approvals that can have broader organisational impacts in relation the airports physical infrastructure, land, biodiversity, community and built environment.
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement ensuring Sunshine Coast Airport’s interests are represented and communicated effectively.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Engineering or Construction Management.
- Extensive experience in leading teams responsible for projects delivery
- Solid experience in project management including knowledge of contract and contractor-based management.
- Knowledge of the relevant building and construction codes and acts.
- Previous airport or aviation assets management and project delivery experience highly preferred
- Must be based in or willing to relocate the Sunshine Coast region.
For further information please call James Foden, TROOCOO on 3054 1147.
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly. Please ensure you submit your resume in word format through SEEK.
**Please note - Troocoo have been exclusively retained to manage this vacancy. Any direct or third party applications will be forwarded on to Troocoo for consideration.**
Applications close Thursday 12th of July 2019.