Our client is a well-regarded multifaceted resources and infrastructure organisation who are committed in delivering innovative solutions both locally and internationally. They continue to fund major infrastructure projects which will stimulate the growth of the Australian economy for many years to come.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the Executive Leadership Team, the General Manager finance will lead and manage the Finance Function to deliver a quality, compliant finance service to all aspects of the business to deliver on key business strategies.
In this pivotal appointment, you will advise the CEO and broader executive team on long-term business and financial planning requirements. As a member of the executive team, you will translate the organisation’s strategic agenda into key initiatives, projects, and service delivery actions, whilst supporting financial and commercial input and leadership on business decision making. The General Manager finance will establish strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders so that the organisation is well positioned to achieve their long-term strategic growth objectives.
The role is based in the North Queensland Office.
Key Role Requirements
- Proactively contribute to the Executive Leadership Team and lead the Finance Division to achieve the organisations strategy and vision;
- Drive the effective implementation and review of the organisations Risk Management Financial frameworks. Providing expert advice and strategic guidance to ensure compliance.
- Plan and implement the financial management strategy for the operations, including ensuring financial control and compliance activities such as taxation, credit policy, treasury and cash flow management, investment policies, costing and expense control, audits and insurances are appropriately managed.
- Embed the financial management framework for the delivery of budgets, reports, forecasts, taxation and consolidated financial statements
- Lead the delivery of effective finance business partnership to support the operations
- Enable business innovation to achieve the strategic plan, including best practice system implementation activities.
- Lead cultural change initiatives to enable the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Effectively manage budget responsibilities within area of responsibility;
- Establish collaborative working relationships across business, Government and with all relevant key external stakeholders;
Required Experience and qualifications:
To be considered for this opportunity you will be a strong people leader with a practical and growth mindset who is looking for an environment and culture of accountability, high performance and delivery. You will need to have worked as a CFO with a proven track record in embedding clear strategic and operational framework.
Your strategic, hands on capability and experience as a senior leader of a finance function is underpinned by exceptional management capability, ensuring that you lead and deliver against the core requirements and responsibilities of the role.
You will also bring a demonstrated ability to lead and motivate high performing teams to deliver key business outcomes, whilst working collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team to unite the organisation behind a shared vision. A strong understanding and background in Mergers and Acquisitions will be essential as the business enters into a new growth phase.
Strong stakeholder management skills are of paramount importance, with a proven ability to champion, lead and implement transformational change.
Please submit your application (CV and 1-2 page covering letter) via the apply button, or email email@example.com for more information