With 8000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide, Auto & General is a growing company with a truly global presence. In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home, travel, life, and health insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via industry leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1300+, Auto & General are now looking for talented individuals who can help drive their ambitious growth plans.
About the role:
Reporting to the Director in this newly created role, the General Manager Commercial will be responsible for taking this new business from a start-up to a scale-up over the next three to five years. The Board and executives have ambitious growth plans for the business, and as a result, this will be a career defining role for the successful person.
The focus of this role will be to develop a high performing team who can deliver exceptional customer experiences. Leads for this new business will be generated through an existing distribution channel so it is critical that the team are engaged, motivated, and focused on converting these opportunities to drive business growth. This is an influential role within the wider Auto & General group structure and the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders will be critical in this complex and multi-faceted business.
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following skills and background:
- Extensive insurance industry experience
- People leadership with an emphasis on developing technical capability, commercial acumen, diversity and inclusion, and exceptional customer focused teams
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements
- Experience in product growth strategies
- Ability to thrive and be successful in a start-up environment
- Understanding of the Australian product and underwriting landscape
- Experience in managing key business partner relationships
- Track record of developing and implementing underwriting and product strategies
- Ability to establish effective processes and drive operational excellence
- High emotional intelligence and resilience
- Ability to develop new and innovative solutions
If you would like to take on a challenging and highly rewarding role in a growing sector, then this would be an exciting opportunity to consider. You will be rewarded with a senior leadership position in an outstanding organisation that truly values its people and rewards them accordingly.
For more information on this executive appointment, please email Callan Raine or Scott Horton on email@example.com or alternatively contact Callan Raine on 0411 686 652
To apply, please submit your application (Resume and 1-2 page cover letter stating your interest and motivation, & summary that demonstrates your achievements and suitability as relevant to this appointment) via the link.
Applications closes Monday 24 August 2020.