The Sunshine Coast region is widely acknowledged as one of the most desirable places in the world to live, work and play. It’s set to become a leading regional economic powerhouse with a progressive approach to sustainable economic growth and outstanding opportunities, which are unrivalled elsewhere in Australia.
The Sunshine Coast Airport is the fastest growing Airport in Australia with year on year passenger growth. The expansion of the runway has enabled local businesses and tourism to flourish in one of South East Queensland’s most desired places to live. As the Sunshine Coast Airport continues to grow, the Sunshine Coast will be opened up to seamless travel from within Australia, the Pacific and Asia, while offering locals the opportunity to connect directly with domestic and international flights.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and as a key member of executive management team, the newly created General Manager for Aviation Business Development will be responsible for the generation of revenue through the growth of flights and passengers at Sunshine Coast Airport through proactive and targeted marketing, development of sound business cases and the development and management of strategic partnerships with airlines and associated industry bodies.
The successful executive will be required to develop; implement and oversee the department’s business plan, whilst ensuring the strategy supports the corporate purpose and vision of the organisation. This pivotal leadership appointment will also be required to manage the Aviation Business Development Team, ensuring the team deliver against key business requirements.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Monitor and evaluate aviation trends and deliver timely, accurate and relevant information regarding such trends to Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer;
- Development of key business cases to influence and convert additional existing and new services to Sunshine Coast Airport
- Responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of strategic marketing initiatives that delivers budgeted passenger numbers and agreed KPI’s through engagement with trade and external stakeholders;
- Proactively manage Airline relations to promote increased traffic levels for Sunshine Coast Airport, including conducting meetings with senior management, presentations and visiting head offices as required;
- Further develop, manage and report on the Aviation Business Development Strategic Business Plan;
- Provide for open and transparent management of variable costs, ensuring these are contained within the approved budget;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the CEO, the Board, Executive and Senior Leaders; and
- Effectively manage the relationships between the organisation and all key stakeholders, seeking input on key issues as appropriate.
To be considered for the position, you will be a strong people leader who demonstrates extensive experience in leading a business unit within the aviation or tourism industry sector.
Your ability to develop and implement key business development activities are underpinned by your ability to achieve outcomes through key strategic partnerships with airlines and associated industry bodies. The successful executive will need to demonstrate sufficient experience in airline route marketing, whilst bringing a high degree of initiative and flexibility. You will have solid leadership and emotional intelligence skills with demonstrated ability to engage others to understand and embrace organisational culture, directions, goals and client service ethos.
It is essential that you have superior presentation and communication skills and demonstrate integrity in all dealings; be honest and open; listen to and consider stakeholder views; and act in a way that reflects the culture and values of the organisation.
Exceptional stakeholder relationship skills will be critical for this role as you will need to develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders. Ability to identify opportunities for change and lead improvement initiatives will also be a key requirement.
Relevant tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded for this pivotal leadership position.
For further information please call Callan Raine, TROOCOO on (07) 3054 1143 / 0411 686 652.
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly. Please ensure you submit your resume in word format through SEEK.
**Please note - Troocoo have been exclusively retained to manage this vacancy. Any direct or third party applications will be forwarded on to Troocoo for consideration.**
Closing date for this role will be Friday 7 June 2019
Thank you for your interest.