This organisation has been an influential and supportive member in the Brisbane community for more than 50 years. Due to a change in the team they are looking for a Financial Accountant to join the finance team on a temporary contract or fixed term basis for up to 12 months. This role would suit you if you are currently an experienced Financial Accountant, seeking an organisation that will provide you with future career progression opportunities across core Financial Accounting, Projects, Financial Analysis or Management Accounting.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance and Reporting you’ll be joining a large finance team that are an integral part of the business and not seen as an unnecessary overhead. In this broad role, you will be responsible for the core financial accounting functions and drive efficiencies where possible.
- Prepare and complete monthly general ledger account journals, reconciliations and verification activities
- Support and contribute to the continuous development of systems and processes relating to revenue and expense requirements of the organisation
- Support the delivery of financial reporting and month end close processes
- Responsible for preparation and submission of returns to ATO (BAS, FBT and PAYG)
- Liaison and support to the Internal Audit team ensuring that financial processes are within agreed frameworks
- Establish strong and effective relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders
You will have considerable experience as a Financial Accountant, confident in the responsibilities listed above, ideally with an understanding of the Health & Community Services Sector. Essential requirements are a relevant university qualification, CA/CPA and the ability to commence with no more than two weeks notice ideally.
To be considered for this role, apply below.