Urban Utilities is one of the largest water distributor-retailers in Australia. Their people ensure that a population of more than 1.5 million South East Queenslanders have access to world-class drinking water, recycled water and sewerage services. They love being part of their urban and regional communities, they take great pride in their people, their work, and the opportunity to manage a network that provides access to one of earth's most precious resources.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the Executive Leadership Team, the Executive Leader Service Delivery will have overall accountability for the efficient and reliable operation and optimisation of network and customer operations, ensuring customers receive high quality and affordable services. Day-to-day operations are continually optimised through customer insights, reporting and operational intelligence.
Leading a diverse team of both professional and operational staff, this is a role that requires a strong influencer who can motivate the Service Delivery group to achieve the highest safety ratings, protecting staff, customers and community from harm or hazard from Urban Utilities operations.
This pivotal executive appointment will play a key role in the transformation of Urban Utilities to its future state.
Key Role Requirements
- Leadership of the network operations through innovation, contemporary work practices and getting the right balance between responsive maintenance, planned maintenance and new solutions;
- Commercial leadership of Urban Utilities’ water and wastewater networks ensuring that they are operated and maintained in line with operating regulatory standards and water quality standards;
- Lead and oversee contingency plans for the water and wastewater network to maintain service continuity, ensure a timely response and recovery from natural and man-made events that affect operations and service delivery;
- Manage contact centre operations, enabling high quality performance that delivers a great customer contact experience through a variety of customer contact channels, working in close collaboration with the Experience group;
- Lead the monitoring of performance of network and customer operations to ensure performance outcomes are met;
- Leadership of the group’s annual strategies, business plan and improvement initiatives;
- Develop, implement and oversee strategic plans related to the Service Delivery function including operational plans, relevant elements of environmental, liveability and sustainability plans;
- Partner with appropriate groups to best deliver internal services, including finance, digital, safety and innovation;
- Identify, manage and mitigate agreed enterprise and group level risks in a manner that supports Urban Utilities corporate objectives and legal / regulatory compliance;
You will need to have worked as a senior executive with overall accountability of an operational function or equivalent, with a proven track record in embedding clear strategic and operational frameworks. You will be an exceptional people leader who can demonstrate extensive experience and a record of achievement at the executive level.
Strong stakeholder management skills are of paramount importance, combined with the ability to deliver commercial organisational objectives. Your ability to engage others and embrace organisational change with a client service ethos is critical.
Significant contract management and performance management experience is essential, combined with a proven track record in improving safety performance and in understanding health and safety work practices within a large organisation that is represented by corporate and field staff.
Demonstrated experience in identifying and implementing efficiencies that reduce cost-to-serve, improve efficiency and customer service. Your ability to utilise technology in order to drive operational outcomes will be highly desirable.
Tertiary qualification in a relevant business, science, engineering, environment
You will also need to possess a valid Queensland C class drivers’ licence, or equivalent interstate licence, as there will be a requirement to work across multiple sites not serviced by public transport.
This is a great time to be joining Urban Utilities as they find new ways to engage the community in the design and delivery of their projects.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine on (07) 3054 1121 / 0411 686 652. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email firstname.lastname@example.org