Endeavour Foundation supports people with disability to live, learn, work and flourish according to their own interests and priorities. Their 5,000 strong team operates over 300 sites in the heart of local communities across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria where they offer choice, opportunities and personalised support in the key areas of home, work, learning and community participation. While they have been around for over 65 years, they understand the importance of continuing to imagine what’s possible and look to inspire their customers and their people to re-define the possibilities. Endeavour Foundation are passionate and committed to securing high performing team members who will embrace and drive their purpose and values forward.
About the role:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive General Manager, Information and Communication Technology will provide high level leadership and advice to develop and implement, business aligned ICT strategies, products and service. This role will focus at the strategic level and provide leadership at the operational level for planning, development operation evaluation and co-ordination of ICT systems.
To be successful in this executive leadership role you will need to ensure that ICT becomes a business enabler across a distributed network supporting diverse business streams and a mobile workforce. It is critical that you can build strong and productive relationships with all business leaders, acting as a true partner and driving business optimisation to maximise returns from ICT investment.
Specifically, key success areas include:
- Provide high quality specialist advice on business transformation, ICT solutions, operations and governance to the Executive, CEO and Board;
- Ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything you do;
- Develop the Endeavour Foundation ICT vision, rolling three-year strategy, target architecture and roadmap;
- Lead the ICT team in an effective and efficient ICT service delivery aligned to the ICT and enterprise strategy;
- Develop the current and future state analysis aligned to business requirements and contemporary industry opportunities and articulate the future state journey through an effectively designed work program;
- Lead, cultivate and drive a performance focused culture of success across the organisation and within the Technology function that focuses on customer and service delivery success;
- Manage the provision and end-to-end lifecycle management and application of technology-based products and services;
- Ensure ICT meets business aligned service delivery and corporate outcomes through development of strong, effective relationships and provide proactive support that instils sustained confidence in ICT;
- Coach, mentor, energise and develop the ICT team, stakeholders and others involved with ICT service delivery or capability; and
- Drive effective ICT commercial governance and cost modelling across the organisation and develop, manage and control the operating and capital budgetary requirements for the technology division.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate significant executive leadership experience in a complex environment with a demonstrated understanding of strategic and operational ICT development. You will also have a track record of success driving performance through accountability for results and successfully engaging high performance teams to support organisational objectives. Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate success working in a growing, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with the ability to navigate and lead through constant and complex change.
You will have the opportunity to join an organisation that is lives and breathes values-based leadership and is driven by its purpose to make possibilities a reality for people with a disability. This executive role will offer a competitive remuneration package and outstanding employee benefits, including salary packaging, novated leasing, private health insurance discounts, paid parental leave, EAP, onsite parking and cafe.
For further information please call Callan Raine on 0411 686 652 or to apply please submit your application in word format below and we will be in contact with you shortly to discuss this excellent opportunity in more detail.
Thank you again for your interest in this pivotal appointment.