Our client is a multi-discipline consultancy that has a diverse industry focus in sectors including Renewable, Mining, Rail, Power, Water and Infrastructure supporting both government and private sectors.
Due to a significant increase in workload our client is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer with strong power systems experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Reporting to the management team.
- Leading and training graduates and junior engineers.
- Working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to clients, energy providers and regulators.
- Providing technical input to projects such as:
- Establishing or modifying existing connections,
- Powers studies
- Ensuing full compliance and safety are at the forefront of all decisions.
- Providing technical, professional and commercial oversight for engineering works undertaken within their market segments
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- RPEQ or CPENG is a must
- Experience in the design and interfacing of complex powers systems.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Strong stakeholder engagement abilities.
- Ideally you will be familiar with some or all the following software system systems:
- Strong understanding of the local electricity rules and regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of the NEM (National Energy Market)
- A strong sense of urgency for solving complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A passionate multi-discipline organisation that operates with a purpose of making a difference.
- A values focused culture.
- Team-centered work environment
- Competitive rates based on your experience
- Professional development and promotion opportunities