RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives. They have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Underpinning their welfare activities is funding from the RSL Art Union, the largest and most successful prize home lottery in Australia.
This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organisation and contribute to building a brighter future and enduring legacy for Australia’s veterans.
About the role
Working closely with the ERP program team, the Business Program Services team, CIO, vendor, clients and key stakeholders, the Functional Consultant will play a role in the successful delivery of RSL QLD’s ERP initiatives. This role sees you playing a functional role within the ERP program in delivering services based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Manage the documentation of business system process to inform system configuration and technical activities
- Lead business workshops that will assist in analyzing and designing solutions for application or process gaps
- Assist technical staff with testing technology behaviors
- Write functional design specifications for development items
- Train key/end users and transition the solution to the support team
You are a strategic thinker with a results driven approach, you enjoy collaborating with a team as well as being accountable for managing your own workload in a complex environment. You will bring good working knowledge of agile application development and the ability to plan, manage and be accountable for own workload to meet agreed deadlines, you will also possess strong problem-solving capabilities. Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Minimum of 4 years of Microsoft Dynamics AX/D365 ERP in a functional consulting role
- Sound software development life-cycle knowledge
- Sound consulting skills and professional client engagement skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Science or IT
- Microsoft certification in Finance or Supply Chain Management is desirable
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Operate in an Agile test and learn culture – fail fast, learn quick!
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.